The title of my blog is not a lie. I love the simple things in life. Things like chocolate, peanut butter, and brownies. Combine them together and you get this lovely masterpiece!
I recently had the opportunity to try King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour and decided to use it with recipe. Five years ago I would have had to buy all different kinds of flours in order to make my own gluten free all purpose flour, but now, thanks to King Arthur, life is much simpler. All the ingredients I need, condensed into one sweet little package to use in just about any recipe!
Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
9oz of Greek yogurt
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of almond milk
1 egg white
3/4 cup of King Arthurs Gluten Free Measure for Measure
3/4 cup of Dutch-process cocoa powder*
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unrefined or coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1/4 cup of honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of enjoy life chocolate chips
1/2 cup of natural or regular peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8" x 8" pan with baking spray.
- Add all of the of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and peanut butter and mix together. I used a hand mixer to mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Microwave the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl until it's easy to spread. Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter onto the batter and create a swirl effect using a knife or toothpick.
- Bake for 23 - 27 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan and then cut. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- *(I used cacao, which looking back I would have used less then 3/4cup)