I've made this recipe a couple of times (see dairy free pasta alfredo).
But I feel like I finally got it to the right consistency that I like and the taste is perfection!!
1 1/2 cup of frozen cauliflower
1 small onion diced
3/4 cup of Vegetable Broth + Set 1/2 cup of VB aside
1 TBLS of Nutritional Yeast
1/8 tsp Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of sea saltDirections
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot. Add diced onion and cook till translucent. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds then add you frozen cauliflower and vegetable broth.
- Place a lid on it and steam till cauliflower is soft.
- Add everything from the pot to a blender and blend till you can get it as smooth as possible.
- Add the rest of the ingredients starting with the nutritional yeast.
- The 1/2 cup of vegetable broth that you set aside is to use if you feel the sauce is too grainy. If you blend it and it seems super grainy and not smooth, add more VB. I ended using close to 1/2 cup.
And tada! You have an amazing Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce