1 medium-large or 2 small sweet potatoes (enough to make about 2 cups shredded. White Sweet Potatoes will also work)
1- 2 TBLS of Olive OIl
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 c. BBQ sauce of choice
Gluten Free Burger Buns (I used Canyon Bakehouse)
- Shred the sweet potato (feel free to leave on the peel) using a grater or food chooper.
- If you have more then 2 cups. Adjust the BBQ sauce amount
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When hot, add the shredded sweet potato and quickly stir to distribute the oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring and flipping the sweet potato several times.
- Once the sweet potato is starting to dry out and is browned in several places, add the BBQ sauce and stir. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add to your buns and tops with what you'd like. I made a sweet mayo sauce my mom used to make for sweet potato fries.
Sweet Mayo Sauce
(I "eye" most of this recipe so the measurements aren't the most accurate)
1/2ish cup of Just Mayo
1/2ish tbls of Brown Sugar
1-2ish tsp of Maple Syrup